Thursday 4 March 2010

Inspiring lunchtime!

Today I decided to go to the Laing Art Gallery on my linch, since I now work 5 minutes walking distance away and I haven't been in ages!



First, I went round all the old exhibits, and then I went round the new bit, which was all about music in the 60's and 70's. (It was called from Bowie to the Beatles) I was amazed that I took a leisurely stroll there, admiring the beautiful spring weather, then walked around all the exhibitions, and took another leisurely stroll back to work and STILL had some of my lunch time left! So I read a magazine and ate an apple =)

Here are some pictures of my favourite paintings. They remind me of my childhood, when I used to go there a lot with my Nanna and then she'd take me to Mark Toneys for ice-cream!



This is called "the Stone Pickers", and my uncle admired this so much he painted his own!

Sodom and Gomorrah - this used to captivate and terrify me! I'm religious, and the thought of making God angry as a kid was something that gave me nightmares!!

And last but not least, my most favourite! Isabella and the pot of Basil. Its a tragic tale of love and I'm a sucker for those!
Hope everyone has had a lovely Thursday!
Kat x





No comments:

Post a Comment